As the number of samples increases, please follow these directions to streamline the runs:
- The height of the solvent in the tube should be at least 40 mm.
- Write the sample identifier on the tube, with a fine marker. You can buy those at the stockroom. You can erase the writing after, with acetone. No more paper labels please, we can’t match them back with the tube. It is a good idea to write your initials on the cap of the tube.
- Place you samples in the submitted samples tray in increasing order, and remember the location(s). It is a good idea to take a picture. It is extremely confusing for the operator when there are two submission forms for the same location.
- Fill in the Sample Submission Form. Your account name is what is in front of your chem email, e.g. ion and not firstname.lastname@example.org. Remember there is no point in asking for a sw from -2 to 12 ppm when all the protons in your molecule are from 1 to 8 ppm. Also, a concentrated sample should give a nice proton spectrum in 1 scan. Samples that require more than 1 hr will be run overnight.
- Remove your samples in a timely manner. You will find them in the same locations where you submitted them. After 1 day, there will be in the beaker next to the tray.